We’ve put together our cheat sheet with our top 5 tips of what you need to know regarding long distance running and footwear to aid a good recovery before you hit the road.
1. Have a nice pair of tried and tested shoes based on your foot structure, function, body type, running environment and training regimen.
2. Imagine striking cement the same way every step for a long distance? Best invest in a nice pair of fluffy socks.
3. There’s nothing worse than a problem nail, make sure your nails are cut short and neat as to not cause ingrown toenails or catch on your socks.
4. Warm up and stretch properly to reduce strain on muscles, tendons and joints and minimise shin splints.
5. If you have painful legs or feet post run contact us to see where you can improve your preparation, technique and recovery next time.